151. ass [æs] (c) 驢子
An ass can also be said as a ‘donkey’.
驢子也可用「donkey」一字表達。
152. association [ə͵sosɪˋeʃən] (c) 協會;社團
Do you know what ‘National Basketball Association’ is? It’s NBA.
你知道「國家籃球協會」是甚麼嗎?就是NBA啊。
153. at [æt]
(1) (prep) 在... (地方、時刻)
Tom will have a party at 8:00 tonight at his house.
湯姆今晚八點想在他家辦個派對。
They were already waiting at the gate when I got there.
當我到達那裡時, 他們已等候在門口了。
Jane will meet her boy friend at Christmas.
珍將在耶誕節和她男友見面。
(2) 向, 朝, 對著
Don't shout at me.
別對我叫喊。
(3) 在...方面
He is an expert at troubleshooting.
他是位排解爭端的能手。
(4) 從事於, 忙於
He is working hard at this thesis.
他正在努力地撰寫論文。
(5) 以(某種價格, 速度等)
They sold the cloth at a dollar a yard.
他們以每碼一元的價格出售這種布。
154. ate [et] (pt) SEE eat
155. athlete [ˋæθlit] (c) 運動員
To be a great athlete, you have to word very hard.
想要成為一名偉大的運動員,你得要非常努力。
156. athletic [æθˋlɛtɪk] (a) 似運動員般強健的
No other student in class is as athletic as Jane.
班上沒有人能像珍一樣如此強健 (具有運動細胞)。
157. atom [ˋætəm] (c) 原子
Everything is made of atoms.
萬物皆由原子構成。
158. atomic [əˋtɑmɪk] (a) 原子的;核能的
At World War II, the US threw two atomic bombs in Japan.
二次世界大戰時,美國在日本投下兩顆原子彈。
159. attack [əˋtæk]
(1) (vt) 攻擊
Soldiers can protect our country when the enemies attack us.
當敵軍來襲時,軍人可以保護我們的國家。
(2) (c) 攻擊;(疾病等) 突然地發作
His grandpa died of a heart attack.
他的爺爺死於心臟病。
160. attend [əˋtɛnd] (vt; vi) 參加;到場
Will you attend the meeting? If you cannot attend, please let me know.
你可以出席本次會議嗎?如果不行,請通知我一聲。
161. attendance [əˋtɛndəns] (u) 參加;到場
As a host, are you embarrassed about the poor attendance at the party?
身為一個派對的主人,你會對此次極低的出席率感到難為情嗎?
162. attention [əˋtɛnʃən] (u) 注意;專心
Pay attention to the teacher during class.
上課要專心聽講。
163. attract [əˋtrækt] (vt) 吸引
He was attracted by her sweet smile.
他被她甜美的微笑所吸引。
164. Aug. = August
165. August [ˋɔgʌst] (u) 八月
August is the eighth month of a year.
八月是一年第八個月份。
166. aunt [ænt] (c) 阿姨;姑姑;伯母;舅媽
Aunt Sherry is coming to Taiwan next week.
雪莉阿姨下禮拜要來台灣。
167. Australia [ɔˋstreljə] (u) 澳洲
Can koalas be found only in Australia?
無尾熊只有澳洲有嗎?
168. Australian [ɔˋstreljən]
(1) (c) 澳洲人
You can only tell an Australian from an American by their accents.
你僅能從口音區別澳洲人和美國人。
(2) (a) 澳洲的
Australian English is a little different from American English.
澳洲英文和美語有點不同。
169. automatic [͵ɔtəˋmætɪk] (a) 自動化的
Many stores now have automatic doors.
現在許多商店都設有自動門。
170. autumn [ˋɔtəm] (u) 秋天
There are still typhoons in autumn in Taiwan.
台灣秋季仍有颱風。
171. average [ˋævərɪdʒ] (a) 平均的
What is the average Chinese grade of the class?
全班國文平均成績多少?
172. avoid [əˋvɔɪd] (vt) 避免
To avoid the car accidents, we must obey the traffic rules.
我們應當遵守交通規則以避免發生車禍。
173. awake [əˋwek]
(1) (vt; vi; awake-awoke-awoken) 叫醒;醒過來
If you don’t awake me, I will never awake by myself.
你要是不叫我,我是不會自己醒過來的。
(2) (a) 醒著的
Were you still awake at two o’clock in the morning?
你半夜兩點還沒睡?
174. awaken [əˋwekən] (vt;vi) = awake
175. away [əˋwe] (adv) 遠離...;離...之遠
My uncle lives 50 miles away from us.
叔叔住在(離我們) 50英里遠的地方。
176. awful [ˋɔfʊl] (a) 糟糕的;可怕的
Are you still playing golf under such awful weather?
天氣這麼糟,你還要去打高爾夫球?
177. awkward [ˋɔkwɚd] (a) 笨拙的;不靈活的
The fat boy stood up, making an awkward movement.
那個胖男孩站了起來,樣子笨笨的。
178. awoke [əˋwok] (pt) SEE awake
179. awoken [əˋwokən] (pp) SEE awake
180. ax [æks] = axe
181. axe [æks] (c) 斧頭
The workers cut down the trees with axes.
工人用斧頭砍樹。

B
182. baby [ˋbebɪ] (c) 嬰兒
My sister gave birth to a lovely baby yesterday.
我姐姐昨天生了一個可愛的小嬰兒。
183. back [bæk]
(1) (c) 背部;背面
The back of the knife won’t cut.
刀背是切不了東西的。
(2) (a) 背部的;後面的
Mom usually hangs the clothes at the backyard.
媽媽常在後院曬衣服。
(3) (adv) 回復原狀地;還原地
Don’t forget to put things back after using them.
用完東西後,別忘了要歸回原位。
184. backache [ˋbæk͵ek] (c; u) 背痛
Why do I often have a backache?
為何我常背痛?
185. background [ˋbæk͵graʊnd] (c) 背景;學經歷
He has a background in music and science.
他具有音樂和理工背景。(他受過音樂和理工教育。)
186. backward [ˋbækwɚd] = backwards
187. backwards [ˋbækwɚdz] (adv) 向後地;倒退地
Can you run backwards?
你能倒退跑步嗎?
188. bacteria [bækˋtɪrɪə] (pl) 細菌
We can see bacteria by the microscope.
我們藉由顯微鏡可以看到細菌。
189. bad [bæd] (a) 壞的;令人不快的
What a bad boy you are!
你真是個壞傢伙!
190. badminton [ˋbædmɪntən] (u) 羽毛球
Ian has played badminton since childhood.
逸恩打從小時候起就打羽毛球了。
191. badly [ˋbædlɪ] (adv) 大大地;嚴重地;急切地
I need the money badly!
我極需這筆錢啊!
192. bag [bæg] (c) 袋子;包包
You have to pay extra one dollar to buy a plastic bag.
購買塑膠袋須額外附一元。
193. bake [bek] (vt; vi) 烘;烤
Don’t touch the stove! I’m baking the bread. = Don’t touch the stove! The bread is baking.
別碰爐子!我在烤麵包。
194. baker [ˋbekɚ] (c) 麵包師傅
A baker can bake many kinds of delicious bread.
麵包師傅能做出各式各樣好吃的麵包。
195. bakery [ˋbekərɪ] (c) 西點麵包店
Tom hopes to run a bakery in the future.
湯姆希望將來開個麵包店。
196. balance [ˋbæləns] (u) 平衡
The boy lost his balance and fell off from the tree.
那男孩失去平衡,從樹上跌下來。
197. balcony [ˋbælkənɪ] (c) 陽台
You can see the Taipei 101 from our balcony.
從我們的陽台可以看到101大樓。
198. bald [bɔld] (a) 禿的
He is going bald though he is just 26 years of age.
雖然才26歲,他頭卻快禿了。
199. ball [bɔl] (c) 球
Do we use ‘balls’ to play badminton?
羽毛球是「球」嗎?
200. balloon [bəˋlun] (c) 氣球
There’re many colorful balloons at the amusement park.
遊樂園裡有許多彩色的氣球。

待續

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    repentor 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()