1651. mixture [ˋmɪkstʃɚ] (c) 混合;混合物
I don’t want to drink the mixture of carrots and celeries.
我才不要喝胡蘿蔔混芹菜打成的汁呢。
1652. ml [ ˋɛmˋɛl] = milliliter
1653. mm [ ˋɛmˋɛm] = millimeter
1654. model [ˋmɑd!] (c) 模特兒;型號;模範
Helen has nice figure; she must be a perfect model in the future.
海倫身材真好,將來必是一個完美的模特兒。
1655. modern [ˋmɑdɚn] (a) 現代的;摩登的
The old man can’t stand the modern living, so he moved to the country.
這老人受不了現代生活,所以搬到鄉下了。
1656. moment [ˋmomənt] (c) 時刻;剎那
In this very moment, why is Philippines still so impolite to us?
當下,為何菲律賓仍舊對我國如此無禮?
1657. Mon. = Monday
1658. Monday [ˋmʌnde] (u) 星期一
Many working people suffer ‘Monday Blue’.
許多上班族都得了 「星期一憂鬱病」。
1659. money [ˋmʌnɪ] (u) 錢財;金錢
Man lives not for money, but for the Words of God.
人活著不是單為了錢,而是靠著神所說的話。
1660. monk [mʌŋk] (c) 僧侶;和尚;(中古歐洲) 傳道士
What’s the difference between monks and fathers?
傳道士與神父的差別何在?
1661. monkey [ˋmʌŋkɪ] (c) 猴子
I strongly believe that the word ‘monkey’ comes actually from ‘monk’.
我強烈相信「猴子」這個字其實來自「和尚」。
1662. monster [ˋmɑnstɚ] (c) 怪物;怪獸
Jason Zuback is really a monster; he can hit the golf ball over 400 yards long.
傑森祖柏克的確是個怪物,他可以將小白球打四百碼遠。
1663. month [mʌnθ] (c) 月;月份
There are twelve months in a year.
一年有十二個月。
1664. monthly [ˋmʌnθlɪ] (a;adv) 每月地
You can order 30 different kinds of monthly magazines each day, then you won’t have to wait to read them since you get one every day.
一次訂三十份不同的月刊,每日依次寄送。如此你便不須再苦等下一期的雜誌了,因為你每天都有得看。
1665. mood [mud] (c) 心情
I am not in the mood now to argue with you.
我現在沒那個心情和你爭辯。
1666. moody [ˋmudɪ] (a) 悶悶不樂的;鬱鬱寡歡的;喜怒無常的
Why are you always wearing a moody face?
為甚麼你總是愁眉不展?
1667. moon [mun] (c;vi) 月亮
Hey, Jimmy, wake up! You’re mooning again!
喂!吉米!醒醒!你又在恍神了。
1668. moonlight [ˋmun͵laɪt] (u) 月光
The lake shines in the moonlight.
湖水在月光下閃爍。
1669. mop [mɑp] (vt) 拖地板
Benson will help Grandma mop the floor.
班森會幫祖母拖地。
1670. more [mor] (a) 較多的
You’ve got more guns, more balls, and they can never win.
你們有更多的軍火、更帶種,他們不可能贏的。
1671. morning [ˋmɔrnɪŋ] (c) 早上;早晨
Good morning, Mr. Brown!
布朗先生早!
1672. most [most] (a) 大部分的
Most people just believe what they see.
大部分的人只相信他們親眼所見。
1673. mother [ˋmʌðɚ] (c) 媽媽;母親
Dear Mother, thank you for doing so much for me!
親愛的母親,謝謝您為我付出的一切勞苦。
1674. motor [ˋmotɚ] (c) 馬達
Most machines are driven by motors.
大部分的機械器具是由馬達帶動。
1675. mountain [ˋmaʊntn] (c) 山;高山
Mountain hiking is a dangerous sport.
爬山是一種危險的運動。
1676. mouse [maʊs] (c;mice) 老鼠
If you give a mouse milk, it’ll ask for cheese.
得寸進尺。
1677. mouth [maʊθ] (c) 嘴巴
Since Krys leaves his company, he lives from hand to mouth.
打從克里斯離開公司後,他過著拮据的生活。
1678. move [muv] (vi;vt) 動;移動;搬家
Since when have you moved from Taipei to Kaohsiung?
你什麼時候從台北搬到高雄來的?
1679. Mr. [ˋmɪstɚ] (c;複數同) 先生 (冠於姓氏前) = Mister
1680. Mrs. [ˋmɪsɪz] (c;複數同) 夫人 (冠於夫姓前) = Mistress
1681. Ms. [mɪz] (c; Mses.) 小姐 (未婚或婚姻狀態不明之女士姓前) = Miss
Mr. and Mrs. Lin, and their lovely daughter Ms. Lin, will be our special guests tonight.
林先生和林太太、與他們可愛的女兒林小姐,將會是我們今晚特別的嘉賓。
1682. much [mʌtʃ] (a;adv) 許多的
He has much money, yet he has few friends.
他很有錢,但幾乎沒朋友。
1683. mud [mʌd] (u) 泥巴;廢物;無用的東西
He sold his Mercedes for the mud. He must be crazy!
他把他的賓士當廢鐵賣。他肯定瘋了!
1684. mug [mʌg] (c) 馬克杯
Don’t use a mug to drink wine; that’ll be too much.
不要用馬克杯裝酒喝,這樣量會太大。
1685. murder [ˋmɝdɚ] (u;vi;vt) 謀殺案;謀殺
Your violin playing is murder!
你拉的小提琴超難聽!
1686. muscle [ˋmʌs!] (c) 肌肉
Bruce does a lot of work-out every day, and that’s why he’s got big muscles.
布魯斯每天做重量訓練,這是為甚麼他肌肉這麼大塊的原因。
1687. music [ˋmjuzɪk] (u) 音樂
Is muzac music?
口水歌是音樂嗎?
1688. musical [ˋmjuzɪk!] (a) 音樂的
Tom gets great musical talents, so his parent will send him to Juilliard School next year.
湯姆很有音樂天分,所以他爸媽明年打算把他送到茱麗亞音樂學院深造。
1689. musician [mjuˋzɪʃən] (c) 音樂家
The reason I learn German is because I love German musicians such as Beethovan, Bach, or Mozart.
我之所以學德文是因為我喜愛德國音樂家,諸如貝多芬、巴哈、還有莫札特等。
1690. must [mʌst]
(1) [恆用單數] 絕對必要的做的事;不可少的事物
A walking stick is a must for me now.
如今我行走離不開手杖了。
(2) (aux)
(表示必要、命令或強制) 必須;得
You mustn't talk like that.
你不可以這樣說話。
You must do as you are told.
你必須遵囑行事。
We must be home by six.
我們必須在六點以前回家。
(表示肯定的推測) 一定是;想必;八成
This must be your room.
這一定是你的房間了。
He must be eighty now.
他現在八成有八十歲了。
(表示不可避免性) 必然要;必定會
All men must die.
人總有一死。
(表示主張) 一定要;堅持要
If you must go, at least wait till the rain stops.
如果你堅持要走,至少也要等雨停了再走。
(表示與說話人願望相反) 偏要
The machine must break down at this busy hour.
正忙的時候機器偏偏壞了。
1691. mutton [ˋmʌtn] (u) 羊肉
We had roast mutton for dinner tonight.
今晚我們晚餐吃燒烤羊肉。
1692. my [maɪ] (a) 我的
My son is now twelve years old but speaks little English.
我兒子今年十二歲了,可是不太會說英文。
1693. myself [maɪˋsɛlf] (pn) 我自己
I can do it by myself. You can come to see for yourself if you don’t buy it.
我可以自己辦到!不信的話你可以親自來看。
1694. mysterious [mɪsˋtɪrɪəs] (a) 神秘的
A mysterious man came in, sitting over there, and spoke nothing.
有個神祕男子走進來,坐在那兒,一句話也不說。
1695. mystery [ˋmɪstərɪ] (u) 神秘
Why God created humans? That is a mystery.
神為何造人?那是一個謎。

N
1696. nail [nel] (c) 手、腳指甲
1697. nail [nel] (vt;c) 釘釘子;釘子
Father nailed the nail into the wood without hurting his nails.
爸爸將釘子釘進木板裡,且不會傷到指甲。
1698. naked [ˋnekɪd] (a) 裸體的;赤裸的
Dare you touch fire with naked hands?
你敢空手摸火嗎?
1699. name [nem] (vt) 命名
We name our son after his grandfather.
我們以小孩的祖父來為他命名。
1700. name [nem] (c) 名字
Love, you’ve got a bad name!
愛情啊,妳在外的名聲真是不好!

待續
arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 repentor 的頭像
    repentor

    關於愛,我是個小學生。

    repentor 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()