1901. photo [ˋfoto] = photograph
1902. photograph [ˋfotə͵græf] (c) 照片;相片
1903. photographer [fəˋtɑgrəfɚ] (c) 攝影師
1904. photography [fəˋtɑgrəfɪ] (u) 攝影學
A great photographer is not necessarily a person who studied photography in college and takes good pictures.
一個偉大的攝影師未必於大學時研修攝影學,其作品也未必是件件傑作。
1905. phrase [frez] (c) 片語;詞組
New words, phrases, and grammar are three vital elements of English language.
單字、片語、和文法是英語的三個重要元素。
1906. physical [ˋfɪzɪk!] (a) 身體的;具體的;物理的
Playing basketball is a form of physical exercise.
打籃球是體能活動的一種類型。
1907. piano [pɪˋæno] (c) 鋼琴
My room is too narrow to put a grand piano in.
我房間太小,放不進一台平台鋼琴。
1908. pick [pɪk] (vt) 撿起來;拾起;挑選
When will you pick me up?
你什麼時候要來載我?
1909. picnic [ˋpɪknɪk] (c) 郊遊;野餐
We are going on a picnic by the river.
我們要在河邊野餐。
1910. picture [ˋpɪktʃɚ] (c) 繪畫;照片
In the old picture, you can easily find that we used to live in a small house.
在這張舊照片中,你應該很容易看出我們以前住在一間小房子裡。
1911. pie [paɪ] (u;c) 派;餡餅
This job is as easy as pie.
這工作簡單得不得了。
1912. piece [pis] (c) 片、塊、個、條、張、篇
Could you give me a piece of pie?
可以給我一塊餡餅嗎?
1913. pig [pɪg] (c) 豬
Why don’t people say pork as ‘pig meat’?
為什麼豬肉的英文不說成 「豬」 「肉」 卻要說成 pork?
1914. pill [pɪl] (c) 小藥丸
Take the pink pills three times a day after meals.
每日三餐飯後服用這粉紅色的藥丸。
1915. pilot [ˋpaɪlət] (c) 飛行員;機長
It is said that the pilots’ eyes are as sharp as eagles’.
據說飛行員的視力和老鷹一樣好。
1916. pin [pɪn] (c) 別針;胸針;小徽章
What does the pin mean on his suit?
他西裝上的徽章代表什麼意思?
1917. pink [pɪŋk] (a) 粉紅色的
‘Pink panther’ is a household name.
「粉紅豹」 是個家喻戶曉的名字。
1918. pipe [paɪp] (c) 管子;水管;菸斗;笛子
I used to smoke a pipe.
我以前抽煙斗。
1919. pirate [ˋpaɪrət] (c) 海盜
Not as in cartoons, the pirates in real world are terrible and violent.
真實世界裡的海盜,不像卡通裡那般,是可怕且兇殘的。
1920. Pisces [ˋpɪsiz] (u) (十二星座之) 雙魚座
People of Pisces are usually romantic.
雙魚座的人多半很浪漫。
1921. pity [ˋpɪtɪ] [恆用單數] 可惜的事;憾事;(u;vt) 憐憫;同情
What a pity that you can’t join us!
你不能加入,真可惜啊!
1922. place [ples] (c) 地方;所在;位置;職位
She found a place as a clerk.
他找到了份店員的差事。
1923. plain [plen] (a) 清楚的;簡單明瞭的;坦白的
His meaning is very plain.
他的表達清楚且明白。
1924. plain [plen] (c) 平原;曠野
In Taiwan, there are few plains.
台灣平原較少。
1925. plan [plæn] (c;vi;-nn-) 計畫
I planned to tell her about my plans.
我打算告訴她我的計畫。
1926. plant [plænt] (c;vt) 植物;栽種
1927. plant [plænt] (c) 工廠
I think we should plant more green plants at the power plant.
我認為我們應該在發電廠裡多種些綠色植物。
1928. plastic [ˋplæstɪk] (c) 塑膠
“I just want to say one word to you – just one word- plastic.”
「(關於未來) 我只想對你說一個名詞 –-- 僅僅一個名詞 --- 塑膠。」
1929. plate [plet] (c) 平板;車牌;淺底平盤
My cousin can’t even swallow a single noodle on her plate.
我表妹甚至連盤裡的一根麵條也吃不下。
1930. play [ple] (vi;vt) 玩;做...運動;演奏;演戲
player [ˋpleɚ] (c) 選手;球員;參賽者
Players play; flyers don’t fly, but prayers pray in their prayers that players in flyers can fly and play.
選手參賽,但傳單不會飛;祈禱者祈求傳單裡的選手能飛也能玩。(英文順口溜)
1931. pleasant [ˋplɛzənt] (a) 愉快的;歡愉的
I met an old college classmate, and we had a pleasant talk.
我碰見了大學老同學,相談甚歡。
1932. please [pliz] [感嘆詞] 請
Please study English hard!
請用功讀英文。
1933. please [pliz] (vt) 取悅;討好
It is impossible to please everyone.
取悅世上所有人是不可能的。
1934. pleased [plizd] (a) 高興的;滿意的
Dad and Mom were very pleased when he stopped sitting up.
他不再熬夜了,爸媽為此甚覺欣慰。
1935. plenty [ˋplɛntɪ] (u) 許多;大量
I have plenty of interesting stories to tell.
我有好多有趣故事可以說。
1936. plug [plʌg] (c) 插頭
Just pull the plug from the socket, and the machine is off.
只要把插頭從插座拔掉,機器就停了。
1937. plumber [ˋplʌmɚ] (c) 水電工;水管工人
Don’t fix the flush on your own, call the plumber.
不要自己修馬桶,打電話請水管工人來。
1938. plural [ˋplʊrəl] (a) 複數的
‘Data’ is a plural noun.
「資料」 這個字是複數名詞。
1939. pocket [ˋpɑkɪt] (c) 口袋
I don’t like pants without pockets.
我不喜歡沒有口袋的長褲。
1940. poem [ˋpoɪm] (c) 詩;韻文
1941. poet [ˋpoɪt] (c) 詩人
You can write a poem as a poet if you watch the world with your heart.
用你的心去觀察世界,那麼你也可以像詩人般寫詩了。
1942. point [pɔɪnt] (vi) 指出;用手指向...
It’s very rude to point at people.
用手指著人是很不禮貌的行為。
The report points out that Taiwan’s politics are very unstable.
報告指出台灣的政局極不穩定。
1943. point [pɔɪnt] (c) 分數;點數
Get enough points, and you can change a gift at the convenience store.
集滿點數,你便可以在便利商店兌換贈品。
1944. poison [ˋpɔɪzn] (u) 毒物;毒藥
Someone’s fish may be another’s poison.
人各有異;適合自己的不見得也適合他人。
1945. poisonous [ˋpɔɪznəs] (a) 有毒的
Are all snakes poisonous?
所有的蛇都有毒嗎?
1946. police [pəˋlis] (pl) 警察
If you see anything strange, call the police at once.
若有發現任何異狀,馬上報警。
1947. polite [pəˋlaɪt] (a) 禮貌的;有禮的
The little boy was very polite and greeted everyone.
小男孩很有禮貌,和在場的每一位來賓打招呼。
1948. pond [pɑnd] (c) 池塘;水窪
The pond was brimming, and the rain stopped.
池塘的水滿了,雨也停了。
1949. pool [pul] (c) 池子;水池
In summer, swimming pools are full of people.
夏天到了,游泳池擠滿了人。
1950. poor [pʊr] (a) 貧窮的;差勁的
Though I studied English an hour a day, I still got poor grades.
儘管我一天讀一小時英文,我考得還是很爛。

待續
arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    repentor 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()