1851. parent [ˋpɛrənt] (c) 雙親之一
There are more and more single-parent families in Taiwan.
台灣越來越多單親家庭了。
1852. park [pɑrk] (c) 公園
In front of my house is a small park.
我家門前有個小公園。
1853. park [pɑrk] (vi;vt) 停車
Don’t park around here, or your car would be towed.
別停這裡,否則車子會被拖吊。
1854. parrot [ˋpærət] (c) 鸚鵡
He talks like a parrot and just repeats what he heard.
他像隻鸚鵡般地,重覆說著所聽到的話。
1855. part [pɑrt] (c) 部分;零件
That is a soap opera in 1000 parts.
那是一齣有一千集的連續劇。
1856. particular [pɚˋtɪkjəlɚ] (a) 特別的;獨特的
The teacher showed particular concern for the disabled children.
老師對身障的小朋友特別關心。
1857. partner [ˋpɑrtnɚ] (c) 夥伴;合夥人
Fred is a good partner of me.
弗瑞德是我的一個好夥伴。
1858. party [ˋpɑrtɪ] (c) 派對;黨派
Will you join the party with me tonight?
妳願意和我一起參加今晚的派對嗎?
1859. pass [pæs] (vt) 傳給...;遞給...;通過
Don’t let Kobe in. He never passes the ball to others.
不要讓柯比加入,他從不會把球傳給別人。
1860. passage [ˋpæsɪdʒ] (c) 走道;通道;通路
His office is at the end of the passage.
他的辦公室在走道盡頭。
1861. passenger [ˋpæsndʒɚ] (c) 遊客;乘客
“All passengers, pay attention, please. This is Captain speaking.”
「所有旅客請注意,我是機長 (有要事宣布)。」
1862. passport [ˋpæs͵port] (c) 護照
The customs will check your passport at the airport.
在機場,海關會檢查你的護照。
1863. password [ˋpæs͵wɝd] (c) 密碼;通關密語
You need to enter a password to use the computer.
要使用這台電腦,你需要輸入密碼。
1864. past [pæst] 過去;經過;昔日;經歷;越過
(1) (prep)
Your wisdom is past our imagination.
你的智慧已超過我們的想像。
(2) (a)
The danger has been past.
危險已過去了。
(3) (adv)
There are many cars and people going past in the street.
街上人車熙來攘往。
1865. path [pæθ] (c) 小路;小徑
Follow the path, and you will see the falls.
順著這條小路走下去,你就會看到瀑布了。
1866. patience [ˋpeʃəns] (u) 耐性
1867. patient [ˋpeʃənt] (a) 有耐性的
1868. patient [ˋpeʃənt] (c) 病人;病患;患者
Patients must be patient when they see doctors that treat them with patience.
病人看病時,對於醫生耐性的診斷與治療要有耐性。
1869. pattern [ˋpætɚn] (c) 圖案;花樣;模式
I don’t like the patterns on the cloth.
我不喜歡那塊布的圖案。
Do you like our new pattern of life?
你喜歡我們新的生活方式嗎?
1870. pause [pɔz] (c) 暫停
After a short pause, the teacher continued to explain.
稍停一會兒後,老師又繼續開始講解。
1871. paw [pɔ] (c) 獸掌;爪掌
Cats use paws to catch mice.
貓用爪抓老鼠。
1872. pay [pe] (vt; pay-paid-paid) 付...錢
I paid the clerk 100 dollars for one bottle of honey.
我付給店員一百塊錢買一瓶蜂蜜。
1873. payment [ˋpemənt] (u) 付款
Full payment must be made when buying this car.
購買這台車需一次付清。
1874. PE = physical education
1875. peace [pis] (u) 和平;安詳
We hope Taiwan and China can stay in peace with each other.
但願台灣和中國能和平共處。
1876. peaceful [ˋpisfəl] (a) 和平的
We hope Taiwan and China can live peacefully.
但願台灣和中國能和平共處。
1877. pearl [pɝl] (c) 珍珠
The earrings are made of pearls.
這對耳環是珍珠做的。
1878. pen [pɛn] (c) 原子筆;鋼筆
My pen is running out of ink.
我的原子筆沒水了。
1879. pencil [ˋpɛns!] (c) 鉛筆
Pencils and erasers are stationary.
鉛筆和橡擦屬於文具。
1880. penguin [ˋpɛngwɪn] (c) 企鵝
There are only very few countries where penguins live.
企鵝僅生存於極少數的國家中。
1881. penny [ˋpɛnɪ] (c) 一分錢
The excursion won’t cost you a penny if you go with us.
如果妳和我們一起去,這次郊遊不用花妳一分錢。
1882. people [ˋpip!] (pl) 人們
Of the people, by the people, and for the people.
民有、民治、民享。
“People mountain people sea” is not English, but “crowded” is.
「人山人海」 的英文應是 「crowded」 才對。
1883. pepper [ˋpɛpɚ] (u) 胡椒粉;辣椒
I bought some green pepper for the salad and added some black pepper to the soup.
我買了些青椒來拌沙拉,又在湯裡灑了些黑胡椒。
1884. per [pɚ] (prep) 經由...;每...
The apple is NTD 300 per kilogram.
這蘋果每公斤三百元。
1885. perfect [ˋpɝfɪkt] (a) 完美的
Tiger Woods hit a perfect swing on hole 18.
在第十八洞,老虎伍茲揮出完美的一桿。
1886. perform [pɚˋfɔrm] (vi) 表演
This is the first time for the singer to perform in New York.
這是這位歌手第一次在紐約演出。
1887. performance [pɚˋfɔrməns] (c) 表演;演出;表現
The evening performance begins at 7:30 at the theater.
戲院晚間的表演在七點半開始。
1888. performer [pɚˋfɔrmɚ] (c) 表演者;操作者
He is a wonderful performer.
他是一個很棒的演員。
1889. perhaps [pɚˋhæps] (adv) 或許
Perhaps there are creatures on the moon.
或許月球上有生物也說不定。
1890. period [ˋpɪrɪəd] (c) 期間;時期
In the period of wars, many people lost their homes.
在戰爭期間,許多人失去了他們的家園。
1891. permission [pɚˋmɪʃən] (u) 許可;同意
You cannot leave without my permission.
沒有我的許可,你不准離開。
1892. permit [pɚˋmɪt] (vi;vt;-tt-) 允許;許可;容許
We can also go to Tao-yuan if weather permits.
如果天氣許可,我們還可以去桃園。
They permitted me to leave.
他們准許我離開。
1893. person [ˋpɝsn] (c) 一個人;個人
There are only seven persons at the restaurant now.
餐廳裡目前只有七個人。
1894. personal [ˋpɝsn!] (a) 個人的;私人的
Can I ask you a personal question?
可以問你一個比較隱私的問題嗎?
1895. personality [͵pɝsnˋælətɪ] (c;u) 性情;個性
Ben has good personalities and seldom loses his temper.
班有著好的個性,很少失控發脾氣。
1896. persuade [pɚˋswed] (vt) 說服
My brother persuaded me not to buy that watch.
我弟說服了我不要買那隻錶。
1897. pet [pɛt] (c) 寵物
John’s sister likes to keep a pet.
約翰的妹妹喜歡飼養寵物。
1898. philosopher [fəˋlɑsəfɚ] (c) 哲學家
Lao-tsu is one of the greatest philosophers ever.
老子是有史以來最偉大的哲學家之一。
1899. philosophy [fəˋlɑsəfɪ] (u) 哲學
Philosophy is the mother of knowledge.
哲學是問學之母。
1900. phone [fon] (c) = telephone

待續
arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    repentor 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()