1301. influential [͵ɪnflʊˋɛnʃəl] (a) 有影響力的
My father is a very influential person in the field of politics.
我的父親在政界是一為極有影響力的人。
1302. inform [ɪnˋfɔrm] (vt) 通知;告知
The clerk will inform you of your package right away when arriving.
您的包裹送達時,店員會立刻通知您。
1303. information [͵ɪnfɚˋmeʃən] (u) 資料;消息
Is there any further information in the second letter?
第二封信中可否有更進一步的訊息?
1304. injure [ˋɪndʒɚ] (vt) 受(重)傷
You may get seriously injured if you use this machine wrong.
不當操作本器械,恐導致嚴重意外傷害。
1305. injury [ˋɪndʒərɪ] (c;u) 傷害
Injuries always goes behind carelessness.
傷害總在大意後。
1306. ink [ɪŋk] (u) 墨水
My pen is running out of ink. Can you borrow me yours?
我的筆沒水了,你的借我好嗎?
1307. inn [ɪn] (c) 旅店;客棧
Holiday Inn is not merely a small inn.
假日飯店可不只是一間小旅館喔。
1308. inner [ˋɪnɚ] (a) 在內的;裡面的
Good books can enrich man's inner life.
好書可以豐富人的精神生活。
1309. insect [ˋɪnsɛkt] (c) 昆蟲
Scorpions are not insects.
蠍子不是昆蟲。
1310. inside [ˋɪnˋsaɪd] (prep) 在...內的;在...裡面的
There’re lots of feelings inside his guitar music.
在他的吉他音樂裡,蘊含著澎湃的情感。
1311. instance [ˋɪnstəns] (c) 例子;範例
Life will be like gambling if you know no God. For instance, do you know for sure which college suits you most?
若不認識上帝,生命彷如一場賭局。譬如說,你怎麼知道將來哪間大學最適合你?
1312. instant [ˋɪnstənt] (a) 立刻的;即刻的
Instant noodles can save your instant hunger but get you instant harm.
泡麵可以立即止飢,但也會立時造成健康的傷害。
1313. instead [ɪnˋstɛd] (ad) 反而;取代
Instead of disturbing her, the news had a strangely calming effect.
這消息非但沒有令她不安,反而產生了一種奇怪的鎮定效果。
He didn't give John the money, but he gave it to me instead.
他沒把錢給約翰,卻給了我。
1314. instrument [ˋɪnstrəmənt] (c) 樂器;器械;工具
Piano is one of the most difficult instruments to master.
鋼琴是世上最難練至精湛的樂器之一。
1315. intelligent [ɪnˋtɛlədʒənt] (a) 聰明的
Intelligent people are easy to know God, but hard to listen to Him.
聰明人很容易了悟上帝的存在,但很難順服。
1316. interest [ˋɪntərɪst] (c) 興趣;趣味性
1317. interested [ˋɪntərɪstɪd] (a) (自己)感到有趣的
1318. interesting [ˋɪntərɪstɪŋ] (a) (令人覺得)有趣的
I have no interest in making people who are not interesting feel interested in making others interested.
讓無趣的人覺得讓人感興趣很有趣不是我的興趣。
1319. international [͵ɪntɚˋnæʃən!] (a) 國際的
If you would like to be a lawyer in the future, you have to study international law.
將來若想當律師,現在要修國際公法。
1320. interview [ˋɪntɚ͵vju]
1321. into [ˋɪntu] (prep) 進入...之中
The man walked into the house in the dark.
那人摸黑走進了屋內。
1322. introduce [͵ɪntrəˋdjus] (vt) 介紹
It was my younger brother who introduced me to jazz.
是我的弟弟介紹我聽爵士樂的。
1323. introduction [͵ɪntrəˋdʌkʃən] (u) 介紹
He was shaking her hand before I could finish the introduction.
還沒等我介紹完,他就在握她的手了。
1324. invent [ɪnˋvɛnt] (vt) 發明;創新
Inventors invent invention; Creator creats creatures.
發明家發明新發明;造物者創造受造物。
1325. invention [ɪnˋvɛnʃən] (u) 發明;發明物
Necessity is the mother of invention.
需要為發明之母。
1326. invitation [͵ɪnvəˋteʃən] (c) 邀請
What? You’re having a party last night? I haven’t got your invitation!
甚麼?你昨晚辦趴?你沒揪我啊?
1327. iron :[ˋaɪɚn] (u) 鐵
He has fists of iron but a heart of an angel.
他有鋼鐵般的雙拳,但卻有天使般的心地。
1328. island :[ˋaɪlənd] (c) 島;島嶼
Taiwan is an island, not a continent.
台灣是座島嶼,不是一片大陸。
1329. isn’t [ˋɪznt]= is not
1330. it [ɪt] (pn) 它;牠
Do you know the pronoun of ‘baby’ is ‘it’?
你知道英文中「嬰兒」的代名詞是「it」嗎?
1331. Italian [ɪˋtæljən] (c;u;a) 義大利人;義大利文;義大利的
Maulizio Pollini is a great Italian pianist, living in Milano, a beautiful Italian city. But he takes interviews in English instead of Italian.
波里尼是一位偉大的義大利鋼琴家,現居米蘭,一個美麗的義大利城市。雖是如此,他接受採訪時卻說英文,而不是義大利文。
1332. Italy [ˋɪt!ɪ] (u) 義大利
Can Italy national baseball team beat ours?
義大利國家棒球隊可以擊敗我國嗎?
1333. it’d [ɪtd] = it had; it would
1334. item [ˋaɪtəm] (c) 品項;項目
There’re over 100 items in our shop. You can take a good look at them.
本店有超過一百種商品,您可以盡情瀏覽。
1335. it’ll [ɪtl] = it will
1336. its [ɪts] [it的所有格] 牠的;它的
The dog is sleeping. Be careful not to step on its tail.
狗睡著了,小心別踩到牠的尾巴。
1337. it’s [ɪts] = it is; it was; it has
1338. itself [ɪtˋsɛlf] (pn) 它自己;牠自己
The cat can feed itself. Let it alone.
貓兒自己會覓食,任牠去吧。
1339. I’ve [aɪv] = I have
1340. ivory [ˋaɪvərɪ] (u) 象牙
Selling ivory products are forbidden in Taiwan.
台灣禁止販售象牙製品。
J
1341. jacket [ˋdʒækɪt] (c) 夾克;外套
I just can’t imagine why you put on such a heavy jacket on a hot summer day.
我真的很難理解為何你要在大熱天穿如此厚重的夾克。
1342. jail [dʒel] (c) 監獄
The former president has been put to jail because he stole the money from his country.
前總統因為偷拿了國家人民的錢,被關進監牢裡了。
1343. jam [dʒæm] (u) 果醬
Which would you prefer, jam or butter?
果醬和奶油,你比較喜歡哪一個?
1344. Jan. = January
1345. January [ˋdʒænjʊ͵ɛrɪ] (u) 一月
Which great people do you know that were born in January except me? (lol)
除了我以外,你還認識哪個偉人是一月生的?(笑)
1346. Japan [dʒəˋpæn] (u) 日本
1347. Japanese [͵dʒæpəˋniz] (c;u;a) 日本人;日文;日本(語文)的
My cousin Hideyoshi is a Japanese, but my Japanese is sometimes more fluent than his, so I don’t think the Japanese education in Japan is more successful than in Taiwan.
我表弟秀喜是日本人,但有時我的日文說得比他還流利。所以我並不認為日本的日文教育一定比台灣來得成功。
1348. jar [dʒɑr] (c) 廣口瓶
Aunt Smith put her favorite cookies in a jar.
史密斯阿姨把她最愛吃的餅乾放在一個廣口瓶裡。
1349. jaw [dʒɔ] (c) 下顎;下巴
Have you ever seen the jaw of a shark?
你可見過鯊魚的下顎?
1350. jealous [ˋdʒɛləs] (a) 忌妒的
Don’t be jealous of your friend. You should be proud of him.
不要忌妒你朋友,倒要以他為榮。
待續
留言列表