1751. none [nʌn] (pn) (一個也) 沒有;沒有人;空無一物
Why did my brother get so much and I got none?
為甚麼弟弟有這麼多而我卻啥都沒有?
1752. nonsense [ˋnɑnsɛns] (u) 無理;胡說
That’s totally nonsense when he said he could speak 5 languages.
他說他會講五國語言簡直是一派胡言。
1753. nor [nɔr] (conj) 也不
He is neither a teacher nor a coach.
他既不是老師也不是教練。
You’re not going anywhere, nor am I.
你哪兒也不去,我也是。
1754. normal [ˋnɔrm!] (a) 正常的;平淡的
He doesn’t want much money; he only wants to live a normal life.
他不要很多錢,他只要過平淡的生活。
1755. normally [ˋnɔrm!ɪ] (adv) 正常地
Normally speaking, a nomal person needs 8 hours sleep every day.
一般說來,正常人一天需要八小時的睡眠。
1756. north [nɔrθ] (u;a) 北方
We live in the north part of Taiwan.
我們住北台灣。
1757. northeast [ˋnɔrθˋist] (u;a) 東北
The wind blows from the northeast.
颳東北風。
1758. northern [ˋnɔrðɚn] (a) 北方的
Does northern pork really taste better?
來自北方的豬肉真的比較好吃嗎?
1759. northwest [ˋnɔrθˋwɛst] (u;a) 西北
Taichung is northwest of Taidong.
台中在台東的西北方。
1760. nose [noz] (c) 鼻子
Why is the nose right in the middle of the face?
為甚麼我們的鼻子長在臉的正中間呢?
1761. not [nɑt] (adv) 不
No, he is not. He is not stingy at all.
不,他不會的;他一點兒也不小氣。
1762. note [not] (c) 筆記
I don’t like to take notes in class. I have my classmates do that.
我上課不喜歡抄筆記,我都叫同學幫我抄。
1763. notebook [ˋnot͵bʊk] (c) 筆記本
Do you mean real notebooks or laptops?
你指的是真的筆記本還是筆電?
1764. nothing [ˋnʌθɪŋ] (u) 甚麼也沒有
Anyway, I’ve got nothing to lose.
不管怎樣,我也不會比現在更糟了。
1765. notice [ˋnotɪs] (vt) 注意;察覺
I noticed that he kept walking back and forth. Maybe he was worried about something.
我注意到他不停地來回踱步,也許他在掛念甚麼。
1766. noun [naʊn] (c) 名詞
Nouns are nouns; adjectives are nouns, too.
「名詞」 是名詞,而 「形容詞」 也是名詞。
1767. novel [ˋnɑv!] (c) 小說
Which is your favorite novel?
你最愛的小說是哪一部?
1768. Nov. = November
1769. November [noˋvɛmbɚ] (c) 十一月
November, the days I should remember, will let me down never.
十一月,一個我該紀念的日子,總不致叫我失望。
1770. now [naʊ] (adv) 現在
Not yesterday, nor tomorrow, it is right now when you should care about!
不是昨日,亦非明天。你所要在意的,正是當下!
1771. nowhere [ˋno͵hwɛr] (adv) 哪地方都不是;不知名的
The beggar has nowhere to go and spends his days at the park.
這乞丐無處可去,待在公園過日子。
1772. number [ˋnʌmbɚ] (c) 數字;號碼
Which number is luckier, 7 or 8?
哪個數字比較吉利?七還是八?
1773. nurse [nɝs] (c) 護士
My wife used to be a nurse, but she knows nothing about medicine.
我太太以前雖然當過護士,但她卻對醫藥一無所知。
1774. nut [nʌt] (c) 堅果;核桃
Uncle Jerry is a hard nut to crack.
傑瑞叔叔是個很難討好的人。
O
1775. obey [əˋbe] (vt) 遵守
We all should obey the traffic rules.
遵守交通規則,人人有責。
1776. object [əbˋdʒɛkt] (c) 物體
What is the name of the object on the table?
桌上的東西叫什麼名字?
1777. object [əbˋdʒɛkt] (c) 目的
What is your object of the trip to Thailand this time?
你這次去泰國之旅的目的何在?
1778. ocean [ˋoʃən] (c) 海;洋
Oceans are larger than seas.
洋的面積比海大。
1779. o’clock [əˋklɑk] (adv) ...點鐘;整點
I usually get up at 7 o’clock.
我通常七點起床。
1780. Oct. = October
1781. October [ɑkˋtobɚ] (c) 十月
October is a month when our nation was born.
十月是我們國家創建的月份。
1782. octopus [ˋɑktəpəs] (c) 章魚
Many Americans can’t imagine that Asians eat octopuses.
許多美國人難以想像亞洲人愛吃章魚。
1783. of [əv] (prep) 屬於...;...的
This is the picture of my grandfather. 這是我祖父的相片。
1784. off [ɔf] (prep; adv) 從...遠離;離開;停止
Green Island is about 35 km off Taiwan.
綠島與台灣相距約三十五公里之遙。
He got off the bus and walked to his office.
他下了公車,然後走去辦公室。
1785. offer [ˋɔfɚ] (vt) 提供;提議
They offered to help us.
他們表示願意幫助我們。
1786. office [ˋɔfɪs] (c) 辦公室
Come in, my office door is not locked. 請進,我辦公室門沒鎖。
1787. officer [ˋɔfəsɚ] (c) 長官;官員
A police officer came to me and asked me for my driver’s license.
一位警官向我走來,要我拿出駕照。
1788. official [əˋfɪʃəl] (a) 官方的;法定的;正式的
Is the breaking news official?
這即時新聞是官方發佈的嗎?
1789. often [ˋɔfən] (adv) 常常;時常
I often read English as a hobby when I am free.
閒暇時分,我常讀讀英文,以為消遣。
1790. oil [ɔɪl] (u) 油
Mexico is also rich in oil as China.
墨西哥和中國一樣,皆富含石油。
1791. old [old] (a) 老的;舊的
The old shoes and the old dogs are my old friends.
一雙舊鞋、一隻老狗,皆是我的摯友。
1792. on [ɑn] (prep) 在...上;在...的日子
On the desk is an old picture which we took on May, 1, 1986.
桌上有一張我們在一九八六年五月一號所拍的老照片。
1793. once [wʌns]
(1) (u) 一次;一回
Once is enough, please not twice.
一次就夠了,請別再一次。
(2) (conj) 一旦 Once you get into a bad habit, you’ll find it hard to quit. 一旦染上惡習,想改就難了。
(3) (adv) 一次;一回
We’ve met once.
我們曾見過一次面。
1794. one [wʌn] (a;u;pn) 一個的;一;一個
Bill has one son and four daughters; one is a doctor, and the other are nurses. I like the one who is not a doctor but doesn’t want to be a nurse.
比爾有一個兒子四個女兒,一個是醫生,另外四個是護士。而我喜歡不是醫生但也不想再當護士的那個。
1795. oneself [wʌnˋsɛlf] (pn) 自己;本身
To do something by oneself is usually easier than to have someone do it.
與其叫別人做,不如自己來比較快。
1796. onion [ˋʌnjən] (c) 洋蔥
Why are you keep tearing when you cut onions?
為甚麼你邊切洋蔥邊流眼淚呢?
1797. online [anˋlaɪn] (a) 線上的;網路的
Online games can be poison to some young children.
線上遊戲可能會戕害某些小朋友的成長。
1798. only [ˋonlɪ] (a;adv) 唯一的;卻;反而
Only family can come in my room.
只有家人才可以進到我房間來。
I walked one hour to the store, only to find it closed.
我花一小時走到那家店,卻發現它沒開。
1799. open [ˋopən] (a;vt) 打開的;開張的;打開
Since it always open, why is it called 7-11?
既是全年無休、日日全開,為何還叫 7-11 呢?
1800. opera [ˋɑpərə] (c) 歌劇
Do you understand operas?
你聽得懂歌劇嗎?

待續
arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 repentor 的頭像
    repentor

    關於愛,我是個小學生。

    repentor 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()