2001. produce [prəˋdjus] (vt) 生產
The plant produces engines.
這間工廠生產引擎。
2002. product [ˋprɑdəkt] (c) 產品
2003. production [prəˋdʌkʃən] (u) 生產
The products produced from the factory are all under fine production.
這間工廠所生產的產品全部都在精密的生產製程下誕生。
2004. promise [ˋprɑmɪs] (vi;c) 承諾;諾言
I have once promised to keep my promise forever.
我曾承諾要永遠信守我的承諾。
2005. pronoun [ˋpronaʊn] (c) 代名詞
Money is the pronoun of vanity.
金錢是虛榮的代名詞。
2006. pronounce [prəˋnaʊns] (vt) 發音
Few people can pronounce French correctly.
能正確法文發音的人不多。
2007. pronunciation [prə͵nʌnsɪˋeʃən] (u) 發音
The first thing to be good at a language is having good pronunciation.
有正確的發音是學好語言的第一步。
2008. proof [pruf] (c) 證明
Show me the proof that the boy took your pen.
你說那男孩拿了你的筆,拿出證明來。
2009. proper [ˋprɑpɚ] (a) 適當的;合宜的
It is not proper to wear flip-flaps to the party.
穿夾腳拖參加這場派對是很不恰當的。
2010. protect [prəˋtɛk] (vt) 保護
Taking medicine cannot always protect you from being sick.
吃藥不見得每次都能使你免於生病。
2011. protection [prəˋtɛkʃən] (u) 保護
Motorcyclists wear helmets for protection.
機車騎士戴安全帽尋求保護。
2012. proud [praʊd] (a) 驕傲的;自豪的
Ben is a good student, and I’m proud of him.
班是個好學生,我以他為榮。
2013. prove [pruv] (vt) 證明;求證
Can you prove that the sum of angles in a triangle is 180 degrees?
你能證明一個三角形的內角和是一百八十度嗎?
2014. provide [prəˋvaɪd] (vt) 提供
The company will provide him with enough money during a business trip.
出差期間,公司將提供他足夠的錢。
2015. public [ˋpʌblɪk] (a) 公共的;公眾的
Why did you make his secret public?
為何你要公開他的秘密?
2016. pudding [ˋpʊdɪŋ] (a) 布丁
A pudding after dinner is really enjoyable.
飯後來個布丁當甜點真是享受。
2017. pull [pʊl] (vt) 拉;拖
The puppy got stuck in the hole, and I pulled it out.
小狗狗卡在洞裡,我把牠給拉了出來。
2018. punish [ˋpʌnɪʃ] (vt) 處罰;懲罰
The teacher punished the naughty boys not to take a break between classes.
老師處罰那些調皮的學生下課不准休息。
2019. punishment [ˋpʌnɪʃmənt] (u) 處罰;懲罰;制裁
The motorcycle can stand heavy punishment.
這台摩托車很耐操。
2020. pupil [ˋpjup!] (c) 小學生
Ben is not a pupil any more.
班已不再是小學生了。
2021. puppet [ˋpʌpɪt] (c) 玩偶;傀儡
People are never puppets of fate.
人絕不是命運的傀儡。
2022. pure [pjʊr] (a) 純粹的;純潔的
I like a girl with a pure mind.
我喜歡心地純潔的女孩。
2023. purple [ˋpɝp!] (u;a) 紫色;紫的
Do you like a rock band named ‘Deep Purple’?
你喜歡一個名叫 「深紫色」 的搖滾樂團嗎?
2024. purpose [ˋpɝpəs] (c) 目的;動機
What is the purpose for you to come to Thailand this time?
您這次前來泰國的目的為何?
2025. purse [pɝs] (c) 女用皮包;錢包;獎金
Picasso’s painting is beyond my purse.
畢卡索的畫作我可買不起。
2026. push [pʊʃ] (vt) 推;擠;逼迫
He pushed open the library door.
他推開了圖書館的門。
2027. put [pʊt] (vt; put-put-put) 放下;放置
He put down his bag and began to put away his desk.
他放下書包,開始整理書桌。

Q
2028. quail [kwel] (c) 鵪鶉
Except for eggs, have you eaten quails?
我知道你吃過鵪鶉蛋,可是你吃過鵪鶉肉嗎?
2029. quake [kwek] (c) 震動;搖晃
Earthquakes are terrible.
地震很可怕。
2030. quality [ˋkwɑlətɪ] (u) 質;材質;品質
When I asked the clerk how the watch was, he answered me ‘good quality’.
當我問起店員這隻手錶的品質時,他直回答我 「品質很好」。
2031. quantity [ˋkwɑntətɪ] (u) 量;份量;大量
Math is a science of quantity, not quality.
數學是一門純量的科學,不討論質。
2032. quarrel [ˋkwɔrəl] (c) 爭執;爭吵
Mom had a quarrel with Dad last night, which made me sad.
媽媽昨晚和爸爸吵架,這使我很難過。
2033. quarter [ˋkwɔrtɚ] (c) [美硬幣] 兩角五分;四分之一;一刻鐘
It is a quarter to two.
現在時間是一點四十五分。
2034. queen [ˋkwin] (c) 皇后
Tom lost the chess when I took out his queen.
我吃掉了湯姆的皇后,他便輸了這盤棋。
2035. question [ˋkwɛstʃən] (c) 問題;練習題
To be or not to be; that is a question.
到底要還是不要,這真是難以決定啊。
2036. quick [kwɪk] (a) 迅速的;快的
The boxer’s moves are so quick that I can’t find his punch until it landed on my face.
拳擊手移動如此地快,我要等到被打在臉上時才能察覺到他的重擊。
2037. quiet [ˋkwaɪət] (a) 安靜的
‘Be quiet!’, the teacher shouted.
「安靜點兒!」 老師吼道。
2038. quilt [kwɪlt] (c) 被子;褥子
Is this quilt thick enough for a snowy night?
這棉被夠厚足以度過雪夜嗎?
2039. quit [kwɪt] (vt;quit-quit-quit) 戒除;停止;辭退
My father has quit smoking for a long time.
我爸戒菸很久了。
2040. quite [kwaɪt] (adv) 相當地;相當
The people that go to the movie today are quite a few.
今天看電影的人潮相當多。
2041. quiz [kwɪz] (c) 小測驗;猜謎
I always give a quiz to my students at the end of class to see if they really understand what I have taught them.
課後我總是會給學生們來個堂末測驗,看看他們是否領會剛才所教的內容。

R
2042. rabbit [ˋræbɪt] (c)
Why do people think of rabbits on Easter?
為什麼人們在復活節時會想到兔子?
2043. race [res] (c;vi) 比賽;競賽
Who will race in the race?
誰會在這場比賽中參賽?
2044. race [res] (c) 種族
All races are born equal.
世間種族一律平等。
2045. radio [ˋredɪ͵o] (c) 收音機;無線電
When I was young, I listened to the radio, waiting for my favorite songs.
我還年輕時,守候在收音機旁,期盼我喜愛的歌出現。
2046. railroad [ˋrel͵rod] (c) 鐵路
2047. railway [ˋrel͵we] = railroad
Excuse me, where can I get to the railway station?
不好意思,請問一下火車站怎麼走?
2048. rain [ren] (vi;u) 下雨;雨水
2049. rainy [ˋrenɪ] (a) 下雨的
It rains, so we have rain; that is, it is rainy today.
下雨了,所以我們這兒有雨;也就是說,今天是下雨的。
2050. raise [rez] (vt) 舉起;扶養
It is very hard to raise two kids with such salaries.
用這種薪水養兩個小孩真是辛苦。

待續
arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    repentor 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()